all properly answered with “Yes, I do!”
1. Do you believe in the one true and living God, who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?
2. Do you believe that He made all things out of nothing, and that He always upholds them in such a way that nothing comes to pass apart from His Sovereign will?
3. Do you believe that left to yourself, you are a hell deserving sinner, born in original sin, and guilty of great personal sin?
4. Do you believe that you, as a sinner, are wholly incapable of doing anything good to merit God’s favor, and that you have frequently broken His commandments in thought, word, and deed?
5. Do you believe that Jesus Christ who was born of the virgin Mary, is fully God and fully man, and therefore capable to provide an atoning sacrifice for your sins?
6. Do you by faith trust in and rest alone upon Jesus Christ, and his death, burial, and resurrection for your righteousness and salvation?
7. Do you, with grief and hatred of your sins, turn from them, and to God, with full purpose of and endeavor after, new obedience and a holy life?
8. Do you embrace the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as inspired by God, inerrant, and authoritative, and therefore your only rule of faith and practice?
9. Do you take the people of God in the universal church, and in this local church, to be your people, to whom you owe a solemn accountability?
10. Do you resolve to live a life worthy of Christ and constrained by His love, to forsake the world and its lusts, and to seek His “Well done” on the last day?
*On the basis of this good confession, I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.